your voice is a rhapsodic melody,

gleaming hallelujahs

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I have an unbelieveable fever right now. Mono is, by far, the worst illness I've ever had. Everything aches. Everything burns. Bah.

A couple more poems/songs written about a month ago. I filled up another six pages when on vacation, so soon I will be able to move to recent...things...

I don't have a title for this one:
hovering before we depart
thunderous is my timid heart
i don't remember how to start
just walk away, just walk away

looking like you want to kiss me
worked up the guts, but then you missed me
mumbled goodbye, i'm reminiscing
you won't be back, you won't be back

what happened to the one i knew
with the ocean's eyes and horizon's smile
who always loved, and always knew
kicked off his shoes and stayed awhile

why did i tell you how i felt
how your sweet solace made me melt
obscured my feeling, how i dealt
these past four years, past four years

can we pretend i never said
i think i was out of my head
it doesn't count on the internet
didn't you know, didn't you know

what happened to the one i knew
with the ocean's eyes and horizon's smile
who always loved, and always knew
kicked off his shoes and stayed awhile

And this is "The Girl In Blue":
she had a radiating beauty
that surpassed all the rest
hair brown as oak in autumn
fell upon her sky blue dress

when she walked into the room
it seemed the band just ceased to play
but as she rose her arms and shook her hips
the room began to sway

whispers filled the air like lightning
they said her name was mae
she drew gazes from even taken men
to their girlfriends' dismay

she only danced, and spoke to no one
then left without a trace
only memories, myths, and stories
of her fair, exquisite face

in her wake she left the wonder
they still speak of her sometimes
but the next time my boyfriend mentions her,
i'm leaving him behind

Well, I haven't eaten since two. So I'm going to attempt that before I sleep. 'Night, all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice!!!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, kk. Those poems are awesome.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home